How To Best Shuffle Tarot Cards?

Cards and runes, pendulums, lots and more!

Moderator: Courtier

Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:00 pm

I know you can just kinda do that slight bend and fold in trick with two halves of a deck, or moving around different sections of the deck to another spot in the stack, etc. As someone who plays MTG, I keep wanting to do the thorough shuffle were you create 6+ stacks of cards and then re-stack them. Y'all think there's any "good" or "bad" way to shuffle your tarot deck, though? Something I've never given much thought before, but honestly you gotta wonder.
Robert_Peters
Established

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:28 pm

Please just not that foldy and mashy thing. Not with MTG either unless with covers and upside upside down.
I like to stack playing cards, too. It's the only way I knew how to get close to even distribution.
Tarot I wash until it feels right, then I put it together and pinch out from the center or center side. I'll sort of vortex random chunks of cards anywhere that feels right. During all of that I'm feeling it and latching and asking. I just stop when I know it's the right stack. Having something tangible in multiple ways is great. Sniff sniff, feel feel, Small lick, listening? That might just be good relationship advice. Sweep the rug on the horni.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:30 pm

All these fuckers coming out with elaborate tarot spreads like it's the fucking kama sutra sex positions of divination. What should really be written about is the relationship advice.