Adventures in Cooking My Own Food

Moderator: Courtier

Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:59 am

So I’ve been scratching my head in trying to figure out how to clean up my diet lately, and I’ve been wanting to make my own food to eat for dinner at work for ages now, since it’s physically impossible to find anything filling at work that’s under like 800 calories. The only problem with bringing my own food is that the only microwave we have is off-limits unless you’re a manager. There’d be no way to reheat it.

But, talking to Dusk the other day, I was reminded of the fact that the thermos exists. So I ordered one online immediately, and decided to start getting to this whole thing they call cooking.

So here’s a thread where I’m gonna document some of what I make from time to time, for hilarity’s sake.
Wizard Ironwood
Established
Zodiac:

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 pm

I work outside, i do get to use my own veical.
So i eat canned foods. Mostly veggies, because I'm strange and love them. I also eat salty foods, (i hate workout drinks), so i need the salt.
And then after my veggies and salt, i have a handful of candy (especially after doing magic).
So that's my daily diet.
At home, i cook my wife a meal, which includes a meat.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 am

Somehow that’s still a more balanced diet than me. XD

I’ve been trying veggie pasta lately to see if I can actually get my daily dose of the green shit in there again. I’ve eaten almost none of it all summer.
Wizard Ironwood
Established
Zodiac:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 am

Scottish_Pride wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 am
Somehow that’s still a more balanced diet than me. XD

I’ve been trying veggie pasta lately to see if I can actually get my daily dose of the green shit in there again. I’ve eaten almost none of it all summer.
Green stuff is important, that's where the Iron and calcium are. Just about any green veggie (not iceberg lettus).
Dusk
Established

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Easiest way to green shit is stick to spinach, spring mix, or some kind of cabbage and kale mix by the giant ass bag and just cook or throw fistfuls into everything you can.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:22 am

Interesting. Will give it a try.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:25 am

Can’t believe I forgot about this thread. XD

So here’s something I’ve personally found delicious to make, even though literally everyone else finds it disgusting. Cook rice, add marinara sauce and sour cream, then cut up some hot dogs and throw em in. This is so fucking good and I have no idea why. Probably the sour cream, though. I swear that shit is the Midas touch of condiments.

I’ve also been getting Chick Fil A’s crack (Oops I mean sauce!), and making tuna salad with it. Super good.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:23 am

So I managed to make Shepherd's Pie entirely in the microwave.
Robert_Peters
Established

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:45 am

I saw a video where you can do that with single serve cookies. What was the argument about the toaster and the oven on youtube? How did the sheps pie taste compared to if it were done in the oven?
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:33 pm

It wasn’t my mom’s shepherd’s pie, but it honestly was still really good. I think the best thing I did was cook with these frozen angus beef burger patties that were on sale at the store. Ended up being really good meat, surprisingly enough.