A new alter that's old

Moderator: Courtier

Robert_Peters
Established

Wed May 27, 2020 2:22 pm

It took me forever to realize the correct folder for my post idea. I was lacking in an alter, and I hadn't had a permanent one in a few years. Finding roots in a place for magic is hard but if you don't, much you do will be scattered.
I've had preconceived notions about my back yard. They may have been built from another's preconceived notions. So I thought I'd just sit, and look around. It was helpful. The grass melted as I gazed at it, and I sang about fish and grass and stone. Then I noticed the perfect alter. it needs some work to remove the webs, spray spearmint and bug repellent herb oils.

https://ibb.co/dDdWY3c

It's perfect, I just want to build a roofing of maybe vines wherever I can scrounge them. The stump has the best flat surface

https://ibb.co/V90pz8s

I wanted to light some incense and BEHOLD, a metal piece that held incest sticks well, plus a mossy log as a bonus.

https://ibb.co/ckZgKsS

Does anyone know what species of mushroom this is? They nice looking. Mushrooms are nice because they thrive in the dark and breed as tiny, hungry microorganisms.
The spot gives me a good feeling.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 pm

Nice work there, man! Personally I’ve never really had a personal altar outdoors, but that’s also because it rains a lot here, and even being under a tree like that, things would still be soaking wet once the first storm hits.

I have built a fae shrine, though. It mainly just served as a specific place I’d leave offerings in this one patch of woodland near my house. The whole place is only about a couple acres, but it’s very much wild and alive, albeit not always in the friendliest manner. Unusual spot all-around.

If it’s a mushroom of any kind, your best bet would be to DM Grace White. She’s a bit of an enthusiast, lol.
Robert_Peters
Established

Fri May 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Scottish_Pride wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Nice work there, man! Personally I’ve never really had a personal altar outdoors, but that’s also because it rains a lot here, and even being under a tree like that, things would still be soaking wet once the first storm hits.

I have built a fae shrine, though. It mainly just served as a specific place I’d leave offerings in this one patch of woodland near my house. The whole place is only about a couple acres, but it’s very much wild and alive, albeit not always in the friendliest manner. Unusual spot all-around.

If it’s a mushroom of any kind, your best bet would be to DM Grace White. She’s a bit of an enthusiast, lol.

I love her style of writing and it seems like she is one of the masterminds of this forum. You seems to be one of the few regular posters. I'm surprised that people don't outreach as much.

Certain areas are just more juiced than others. I bet history of the place helps. Energy passes there a lot perhaps. Good place to set up root and hang. My goal is to make a one spot like that. There was some activity of a shadow person gliding while seated like he was on a bike. The Neighbor saw the spectacle and informed my partner. Their side yard is right next to our backyard where that stump is sitting. that gives me high hopes of a good energy flow to build the beacon.
Robert_Peters
Established

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:10 am

The stump is really small and I need more desk space. Right now I'm scouting for wood that can be used for building a table or see if I can score an old desk. For now I don't need that as I'm improving my psychism and astral travel right now.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:34 am

Is the desk just for general use?
Robert_Peters
Established

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:21 pm

I've been struggling with having one place where I would do anything magical related. Reading Tarot or recite psalms and do runic yoga. Just so the current energy I'm calling gets stronger each time. Inside Things usually get piled over any alter I cobble. The table with laundry I need to fold or the computer desk but there's books also piled all over the place. Endless Nicholas Sparks but limited space and having a vast space helps me nestle in my white temple (no racial stuff). I figure an outside desk would do fine as long as I clean up the wand and focus point and all that. I need to donate a lot of things to clear space to have successful shrines for the teachers.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Amen to that, m’dude. I can relate to clutter. One thing I do to both keep an altar out of plain sight and away from the cats walking all over it is keep it on a storage cabinet shelf, shoebox or drawer. That way, shit stays too out of sight and out of mind for my slob ass to mess. Not like I have my shit together to put things in actual storage implements anyway. XD