Moderator: Courtier

Shinichi
Accepted
Zodiac:

Fri May 03, 2019 3:15 pm

(The Complete System of Self-Healing:
Internal Exercises, by Dr. Stephen Chang
Pages 145-148)

As you may already know, being excessively overweight can be dangerous to your health. This does not mean that it is wrong to be overweight, but merely that it goes against the natural laws of healing. 

Blood which is normally sent to the head and brain remains in the abdominal cavity to aid the digestive organs with their increased work load. The heart must work harder (and because of this excess strain, becomes critically weakened and more likely to collapse) due to the increase in fatty tissues and, usually, because of the weakened circulation in the arteries and veins. As a result of fats and lipids in the blood, high blood pressure results. Excessive weight can also bring on physical as well as mental fatigue and sluggishness by overworking the system. There is usually accompanying lower back pain because of the increased load on the spine. It is said that when your abdomen is larger than your chest, you can buy a box to prepare for your funeral. 

The weight reduction exercise helps bring down the weight to a manageable level and helps adjust the back to keep it healthy and strong. When practicing this exercise, remember never to force or push yourself beyond your limits. Acquire patience and steadiness in your practice. 

Part One 
  1. Stand against a wall so that your heels, buttocks, upper back, and head are against the wall. 
  2. Inhaling through your nose, stretch your body upward, pulling your abdomen in as far as possible so your chest expands fully. Keep your arms by your sides. Your shoulders should feel as if they are expanding and pressing against the wall. 
  3. Exhale as quickly as possible through your mouth. Blow the breath out fully and push your abdomen outward. Your entire body will tighten automatically on the exhale if done properly. 
  4. Practice this inhale-exhale repetition 7 to 12 times. 

You will find that with consistent practice, the muscles in your abdomen and belly will tighten and become toned and strengthened. Excess fat, water, and flesh will be eliminated, and the belly will shrink. 

Part Two
  1. Stand away from the wall and bring your heels off the floor so that you will be standing as high on your toes as possible. 
  2. Keeping your spine erect and straight, bend your knees slightly as if you were going to sit on a chair. Your arms will fall at a 45 degree angle from your body. 
  3. Keeping your breath regular, stay in this position from 10 to 20 seconds, or longer if possible.

NOTE: At first it will be impossible to keep your back straight and your heels up very far. With practice and practice, you will be able to get your heels perpendicular to the floor, your thighs parallel to the floor, and your back straight. 

This pose strengthens and tones the thighs, calves, and ankles. It makes the abdominal muscles strong and increases circulation in the legs and body, as well as strengthening the back and the nerves in he body. It also stimulates the meridians of the bladder, gallbladder, and stomach. These meridians like along the legs, and so it helps to reduce water retention and excessive weight and lowers the blood pressure. 

Always practice both parts of the exercise at the same sitting as they balance and complete each other. 

———

The above is a direct excerpt from the book listed at the beginning. Just thought I’d share since weight seems to be a big issue in these times and people are always looking for esoteric solutions. :P

Also, I posted this from my phone and it was a bit of a challenge to get it pasted from Evernote. Sorry for any weirdness.

~:Shin:~
Last edited by Shinichi on Fri May 03, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Sun May 05, 2019 1:38 pm

*examines my underage equivalent of a beer gut*
Lol, not bigger than my chest yet, but maybe that’s just boobs. Either way, this school year I’ve gained 50 pounds because I have much less time to exercise with a job and school, and even in my off time all I want to do is catch up on the sleep work will deprive me of. Then there’s the fact that where I work I’m surrounded by junk food which I get for free, and I have a bad habit of turning to it when things get stressful in a rush. I really hate my job, and I’ve been trying hard to lose back all the weight.
For some odd reason, when I started exercising again and eating better, I somehow gained even MORE weight. What in the actual fuck.
Last edited by Scottish_Pride on Sun May 05, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.