Post your spells and rituals here.

Moderator: Courtier

Gestumblindi
Fresh

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:36 am

Where was I?

Ah yes, information and energy/matter.

"Sympathetic magic", as it is called, is merely the resonance between the inf-

Oh bother... Will have to think about how to express this properly in human words.
Gestumblindi
Fresh

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:38 am

A great deal of misinformation has been thrown about...

https://youtu.be/KEC8skexfSk
Robert_Peters
Established

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 pm

"when your buddy eats the last pizza roll"

Effecting people only matters on the materiel. High magic is more concerned about divinity and freedom for the astral body to roam as yourself. Like I said in another post low magic (sympathetic magic thank you I absorb it) is so unnecessary unless you're really in need. Otherwise it's just manipulation. That was really important for ancient cuks to get ahead. Maybe a pass on societies that aren't gentrified and don't have as much opportunity.
Where I'm at is getting super sonic. Starting to, it's quite a process of contemplation and building mental skills to be aware of your spirit body. Inner silence for one thing is a beginning challenge but foundational. This obviously let's you listen to outside forces (do the Angels really have your freedom in mind?), and is invaluable. From there it's easier to listen to your body. This made me realize that smoking tabbacoo makes me feel ill not just in my stomach, but my arms, shoulders, and neck, then the headache. Those shmokes really mess you up. Having inner silence also let me have greater awareness of the movies or memories that play in my head. You can feel the image tune in and out like electricity!
I'm still learning about the Elemental Principles. I have a feeling the electromagnetic fluid thing is trying to say the soul body is a brain of sorts. I'm still grasping and seeing what applies correctly. If your're wondering what stage I'm at, its unbalanced. I'm here to get balanced in important fundementals.
Let's not say misinformation. More like what that person understands for that moment. Even if they're dead wrong, it's the learning process. Meditate on the tarot and see the fool. Notice how his mouth is not sewn shut? thank you for checking me, this is a thread on a theory of magic and I went straight into a perspective on low magic. I think Franz Bardon has a pretty secure foundation. I'm still chewing on Initiation into Hermetics but so far it's been a perfect companion to my goals.

PM me for a better version of that animu music video.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:02 am

Gestumblindi wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:36 am
Where was I?

Ah yes, information and energy/matter.

"Sympathetic magic", as it is called, is merely the resonance between the inf-

Oh bother... Will have to think about how to express this properly in human words.
Do go on, now you've got me curious!
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:06 am

I feel like in some instances, though, sympathetic magic can have its place. It's a great set of training wheels for people who are more new to magic to understand how spells work, for example. And as for low magic, I feel like it could also help set the stage for being able to focus on your higher development. It's not easy to get very far in your practice if you're constantly having to try and meet rent or deal with some other sort of mundane problem.
Robert_Peters
Established

Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:37 pm

I thought Low magic and sympathetic magic were the same. What's the difference? I think maybe Sympathetic is specifically to target another person? Then Low magic is a broader term?
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:23 pm

As far as I've always understood, low magic and sympathetic magic are not one and the same. Low magic, as opposed to high magic, is magic done for some sort of material or worldly gain. Love, wealth, opportunity, health, etc. High magic, on the other hand, is supposed to be purely for connecting with divinity or some other otherworldy force/entity, gaining understanding, etc.

Sympathetic magic is a term for when you're using some sort of physical action or object-based symbolism as a tool to cast a spell. "Sympathetic" as in you're relating the outcome you're trying to mimic with the outcome of the spell. The stereotypical voodoo doll or poppet is a great example of this. But it can take so many other forms, basically the only limit is your imagination in that regard. Blowing in the direction of wind for a spell to make it stronger. Sweeping a house while visualizing that all the negative energy is being swept out with the dirt. Shit like that.
Robert_Peters
Established

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 am

Sorry for taking so long. Time slips fast.
My recent chill factor has been telling me just to rest the mind and interpret. It took me forever to realize that magic is living, learning, and positive metamorphosis of the self. Then when you know thy self you are aware; free to drive the carriage with will.
Scottish_Pride
Respected
Zodiac:

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:10 am

Makes sense. Yeah, just about any mundane thing you could do to improve yourself as a person will make magic easier, and vice versa. It's really about the whole of the self, not just one facet of life.