Revisiting Psychokinesis

Moderator: Courtier

Al-Zalaam
Established
Zodiac:

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:19 am

Unfortunately for me, my life has thrown me quite off track with my magical practices and development lately - but I've since re-centered, and quite frankly I'm rather furious with my position, so not only am I looking towards getting everything back on track, but actually seizing some initiative and intensifying my development to an unprecedented degree of priority - and one of the ways I've decided to exercise that fiery initiative, is by taking on the task of returning to the practice of Psychokinesis, an ability that has long since been very drawn to my heart.

While I haven't been actively practicing Psychokinesis for many years, I have still had my eye on it for all this time and understand it well - so first I will give a little introduction to what exactly it is.
To begin with, Psychokinesis is by far an over-hyped and poorly understood ability within the general occult community at least as far as I've seen, and in reality it is a rather simple operation - but it's simplicity lends it towards being cryptic and misunderstood by most, and combined with its need for laborious practice, it has nearly become this mythical, impossible thing in the eyes of even good practitioners.
Furthermore, it is not an energy-work ability - it requires no Astral operation or energy manipulation at all, and trying to do so through such methods leads you away from the actual ability of Psychokinesis. This isn't to say that psychokinetic effects cannot be had with energy work and Astral operations, but that's not what the ability of Psychokinesis truly refers to.
In reality, it is a Spirit/Consciousness ability, it is something performed by Mental operation alone.

In practical procedure, the goal of Psychokinesis is to project your Consciousness into your target, bonding it with itself - and then through this connection, use your Volition to move it as it is a part of you.
Some might wonder, why does this not require energy work?
That's because the Consciousness is operating in such a way that directly impresses upon the Universe, it is connecting itself to the target through projection so that it's Volition can work directly as its own sufficient force.
For those that are familiar with Hermetics, by projecting your Spirit into the target you are operating upon it through the medium of the Akashic/Etheric principle, so rather than being reliant upon the mediums of Astral or Physical energies to realize your intention remotely, your Volition can impress the target directly in such a way that can actualize your intention.

Essentially, the act of bonding to the target through Consciousness-projection makes it so that moving the target is little more than an exercise of your own Consciousness - the difficulty is in establishing that connection, and then effectively exercising the Volition to actualize your control.
In this way Psychokinesis can be quite demanding, since it requires a great degree of control over the Spirit-Consciousness and Volition which most aren't easily capable of - but still, it is a rather simple operation, practically speaking.

Anyways, I've made this thread to both give me somewhere to write about my venture into it once again, but also to encourage myself to actually committing to this practice seriously - easier to find the motivation to practice, when you have publicly declared you would do so :P
Now even with a thorough understanding of the ability like I have, actually accomplishing it is still a great challenge of its own, hence why I still expect it to be a long and laborious journey. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately I also have a disadvantage towards learning this ability in the first place - Psychokinesis is an ability which is very reliant on the Consciousness-Projection ability and Volition Faculty, things which come more naturally to those who have Electric spiritual compositions - and I just so happen to be one of the most Magnetic beings on the planet, so I am at an absolute disadvantage, so this will be one hell of a journey. :D
Nonetheless I'll give it what I got, and we'll see how things go :P
Al-Zalaam
Established
Zodiac:

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:40 pm

This isn't some victory post or anything, after all it's hardly been a week and back when I use to practice it all those years ago it at least took me 2-3 months of consistent practice till I had my success, but in these last few days I've begun to realize something worth mentioning about PK practice that I had long since forgotten - the absolute strain of it.

As I said it's only been a week, yet already I find myself getting assaulted by headaches, and my literal Consciousness feels debilitated and drained and I can't help but want to lay around and sleep forever. It's not Physical tiredness, nor quite emotional or Astral strain, but the exhaustion of the Mental Body.
This can be taken as a sort of good sign, however - it means my Consciousness and Mental Body is actually getting exercised, because PK is certainly something that requires quite an exertion of those things.

Anyways, I should have mentioned in my last post that I did succeed in my past adventure into PK - and so much did that experience impress into my mind, that I still remember doing it as if it had happened yesterday.
So luckily for me, I'm not practicing blindly and I have a good sense when I am heading in the direction I am suppose to be, so perhaps this time it will not take me so long to get a hold of it. :heart:
Al-Zalaam
Established
Zodiac:

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 pm

I almost forgot this post already existed.
Unfortunately, despite the motivation I displayed, I didn't end up getting wrapped in PK practice like I wanted to beyond the first few weeks, and it ended up being cast aside along with my practices in general.
Life and personal drama ensued and kept me preoccupied, and I ended up stuck in that for pretty much the entire last year - nonetheless, life has calmed a bit and I have once again picked up the slack in my practices, with PK being one of the things returning to my regiment.

Fortunately I'm not just here to salvage and jump start my thread, but actually meaningfully contribute to it - I've already had a little over a month of practice before writing here now, and some results to show for it.

To be fair it was a bit of a fluke, but then again so was my first time performing PK all those years ago like I mentioned previously, ​so it's definitely worth something and hopefully a good sign of what's to come with more practice.
I was just having yet another practice session earlier today, and for the most part it was typically uneventful. But, I was taking a quick little mental break, and while doing so, I began to reflect on the first time I had succeeded with PK when I was younger.
I just thought about what the experience was like, how it felt to move the object, etc. In that event, my target was just one of those paper psi-wheels often talked about in psionic communities, and in a sudden burst of random confidence and inspiration(I was just in a good mood that day), I went into my room and, like a switch in my head had just flipped, I just moved that thing as if it were something natural to me.
I didn't even bother approaching the object or sitting down - I moved it while standing in the doorway across the room.
During that time of PK practice, my habit was to always try to rotate the wheel clockwise, firstly because that direction felt more natural to me, secondly because I figured that it was better to practice moving something the same way rather than jumping around between different motions.

Anyways, in my current practice setting, my target is just some medication bottle, and my habit is to try to simply shift it to the right.
However after my little reflection of my past PK performance during my quick mental break, I began to wonder if I should try rotating the object instead like I used to do with the psi-wheel, and in a little burst of inspiration, I just decided to go for it.
It wasn't serious and conscientious, it was just a hail-mary attempt done with little intellectual thought - but with lots of sudden focus and blind optimistic energy in its place.
And as could be guessed from my decision to write here today, I did it again, just like the fluke I once had long ago. It wasn't anything dramatic, just a quick and clean rotation - but it was unmistakable, and that's all that matters.

If I had to describe the way PK feels based on my successes, it really just sorta feels like..... you can feel the object inside your brain, and feel yourself moving it like an intangible muscle. It's hard to describe 😅
You can definitely feel the shape of the object, and you feel the movement of the object through this weird psychic connection to your awareness.

Thus for anyone interested in PK, I would highly recommend focusing on using your sense of feeling to operate it.
However, the sense of "feeling" being referred to here isn't just the mundane imagination sense of touch, I'm more referring to the intuitive sense of feeling that is attached to your awareness.
In other words, I'm not talking about just sitting there trying to feel the texture/temperature/etc. of the object like some kind of imagination exercise, I'm more talking about focusing on using your sense of awareness and intuitive sense of feeling to "feel out" the object, especially it's shape, and making it feel like it's bonded to your awareness.
Through this concentrated awareness, you then try to feel the object move in combination with conviction and faith to energize the motion.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Anyways, I hope successful instances like these become more frequent as I continue to practice. Perhaps in several months it will be something I have decent control of, in which case I'd love to try to record it sometime if I can manage it.
Either that or it'll end up being a rough few months with little to show for it - guess we'll see ;P